CRAFTING AND HOSTING CONVERSATIONS THAT MATTER
I help groups explore specific questions or challenges through designing engaging, outcome-orientated events. I offer different kinds of event or facilitation support:
SUPPORTING EVENT DESIGN
A conference or strategy day provides a unique opportunity for connection and productivity around key issues. I help maximise their potential by:
- Working alongside teams to help to clarify objectives and craft the programme
- Developing bespoke formats to help participants engage and benefit fully from the event
- Supporting planning logistics and facilitation where required (see below).
HOST OR FACILITATOR
For important conversations a facilitator can help support the tone and enable productive participation from a group. When asked to be the host or facilitator at an event I prioritise:
- Working closely with the planning team prior to the event to ensure all aspects are clearly mapped
- Working with participants on the day to foster a creative, enabling environment that encourages different types of participation.
My experience as a facilitator encompasses different contexts including:
- Strategy sessions with boards and senior management teams
- Team away days
- Large conferences
- Partnership or network meetings – including meetings to address difficult issues or strengthen the network’s effectiveness.
ACTIVITIES TO CATALYSE CONVERSATIONS
It can be challenging to ensure everyone is able to contribute meaningfully during discussions – especially with large groups. I develop creative tools for events that respond to the needs of groups of different sizes to:
- Spark conversation
- Advance the event objectives
- Capture ideas
- Encourage positive engagement.
EVENT REPORTS AND POST-EVENT SUPPORT
Part of event planning is ensuring that material generated can be captured and shared in useful formats. I support teams by:
- Helping to determine how discussions and key information from the event will be recorded, collated and shared
- Writing event reports
- Contributing to post-event feedback or reflection.
If you’d like to discuss an event you’re organising – please get in touch.