KNOW WHO YOU ARE
LISTEN TO HOW YOU ARE PERCEIVED
ADJUST HOW YOU COMMUNICATE
YOUR CHARTER – WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO
The work and communication of an organisation or network is significantly enhanced when its remit and values are clear, concise and internally owned.
I help organisations and networks distil and communicate the most important things about their work and approach. This ensures a solid foundation for building profile, securing funding and building partnerships.
Knowing how you’re perceived is a key part of being able to connect with audiences.
- Do you know what your stakeholders think of your organisation or network?
- Are your communication channels and tools fit for purpose?
- What can you be doing to enhance how you connect with your stakeholders and audiences?
I can conduct a stakeholder and communication reviews to glean insights on how to strengthen your communication, reputation and working relationships. This can include commissioning marketing and brand research, as well as reviewing your print, face-to-face and online communications.
Setting and achieving manageable goals is a key for the effectiveness of any organisation committed to doing good. I work alongside organisations and networks to:
- Distil and prioritse key messages
- Develop a relevant and manageable communication strategy
- Articulate an impact plan (logic model)
- Clarify working and communication processes
- Address identity and communication conflicts within partnerships.
To help organisation and networks be more effective I deliver workshops including:
- Branding demystified: our reputation and why it matters
- Helping partnerships work well
- Developing your first communication strategy
- Addressing identity conflicts
- First principles in partnership communications.
My branding, communication and partnership support is delivered in close liaison with those who are leading or coordinating networks and organisations. It requires careful listening to stakeholders, staff and volunteers along with discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues. It is often useful to discuss things one-to-one as well as in larger groups – see how I work, and facilitation and event design for more information.
If you’d like to discuss anything related to branding, identity, partnership working or effective communication – please get in touch.